Copyediting via the Internet
ersatile editor and writer with academic, education, government, and association experience seeks freelance assignments. Current work includes copyediting the Latin American history journal The Americas and diverse publications for academic and school book publishers. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, and working across and beyond the United States.
• Skilled in resourceful editing, meeting deadlines, and achieving consistency
• Successful in collaborating with scholars, professionals, Web and instructional designers, and publications production teams
• Ability to encourage and support the writing of speakers of English as a second language
• Experienced in electronic and Web publishing, localization, and content management
• Fluent Spanish. Writing, copyediting, and production of bilingual manuscripts and language learning materials
• Dedicated to shaping copy to bring out the strengths in ideas and attract and inform the reader